The Cox Wedding

A friend of mine called me a few days ago and asked if I'd do her a favor, last minute. Her brother in law had proposed to his fiance and they were getting married, a small ceremony, and she wondered if I would take pictures for them. I've never done a wedding. Weddings, frankly, make me nervous. One day I would LOVE to get into wedding photography, but there's just something about how big of a day it is and how much is in stake for these pictures. My wedding pictures didn't turn out really good and I think maybe that's stuck with me all these years. You can't get that day back, and I want to perfect my craft just a little bit more before taking on big fancy weddings. But because she was a friend, and because it was small I said yes. The couple was so sweet, and so in love. They got married in her mother's house. Nothing fancy, simple and special. He is in the military, leaving for Germany (where he lives) on Friday, and she will stay here. After that he goes to Iraq. My heart really goes out to them, I have been in their shoes, newly married and separated...

Thank you guys for letting me share in on one of the most important and special days in your life and I wish you the best of luck for years to come! Here are some of my favorite shots from the day. You can tell how happy they are...ahhh, love.





No comments: